One of the best ways to relieve yourself from the stresses in life is by giving to others. When you help others it takes the focus off of you and your problems and shifts the focus to the needs of others.
Helping others brings about change in the community and a peace to you and someone in need. Below are 10 ways to volunteer and give the gift of yourself to others:
1. Walkathons: Walkathons are charity walks. The only thing required is desire, determination and some good walking shoes. To participate contact the charity of your choice who is hosting the walk to register. Once you register you will be asked to get sponsors to donate money on behalf of you walking. Sponsors can be anyone- your family members, co-workers, church members, local businesses etc. Donations can be anywhere from .00 to as much as your sponsor is willing to donate.
2. Local Nursing Home: Many residents of nursing homes don’t have anyone to visit them and would love a visit from a warm and friendly person. It would only require an hour or two of your time a week and it would really make a difference to an elderly resident who does not have family or someone to look after them. Check with you local nursing home to find out how to volunteer at their center.
Stress Relief Secrets In Just 7 Easy Steps
Earn $28.20 For Each Sale Of This Powerful Stress Relief Product. Brand New Hot Seller Because Of A Killer Converting Sales Letter. The Product Delivers The Effective Stress Relief Techniques That Work.
Stress Relief Secrets In Just 7 Easy Steps
Sell Bestselling Stress Relief Program
A Very Effective Meditation Technique: A Simple Remedy Against Stress And Anxiety. Scientifically Validated.
70% Commish! Sell Bestselling Stress Relief Program
3. Boys and Girls Club: Many of the youth today are in need of activities to keep them out of trouble and someone to guide them so that they stay grounded and out of harms way. Your local boys and girls club does just that by providing sports and fun activities for children in the area. The club is always in need of responsible, patient adults who are willing to help. Check your local yellow pages to find the center near you and give them a call to find out how to volunteer.
4. Local Church Ministries: The church is a place where people can go to find help in a variety of areas. Put your spiritual gifts to good use at your local church by joining a church ministry. There are many areas that you can be of help in- youth ministry, usher board ministry, missions ministry, prison ministry, music ministry, just to name a few. Check with your local church to see where you can be of the most help.
5. Local Food Bank: This is a wonderful charity where you can help those in your community get the food they need. All it takes is a phone call to your local food bank to get started.
6. Homeless Shelter: Help those who need shelter to get the food and shelter they need. Think of the difference you will make to those in your community by devoting a couple of hours a week of your time to this charity.
7. Girls and Boy Scouts of America: What a fun charity. Responsible and patient volunteers are always appreciated. It requires only a few hours of your time a week meeting with the children. You would play games, participate in badge earning activities, go on local outings and more. Check with your local Boys Scouts or Girls Scouts office to find out about the volunteer opportunities in your area.
8. Domestic Violence Centers: There is a great need in our country to protect those suffering from physical abuse. Volunteer opportunities are available in the shelters and to answer domestic violence hotlines. Contact your local shelter today to find out how you can help.
9. Rape Crisis Center: Rape is a serious crime and rape victims need all the help and support that they can get to recover from this form of abuse. Volunteers are needed to work in local crisis centers and on crisis hotlines. There may be special training that is needed for this type of charity due to the circumstances of the service. Check with your local rape crisis center to find out how you can help.
10. Pet Shelters: Pets need love too! There are many pet shelters that are in need of volunteers to care for sick and homeless pets and to help them to find good homes. If you love pets and enjoy working with them this is a great charity for you.
The opportunities to volunteer in your community are endless. Still not sure where you can volunteer? Visit www.volunteermatch.org to match your skills with one of the many charities in your area. Giving of yourself to others in such a positive way is one of the bests gifts you can give to yourself and others.
Erica Brooks operates http://www.richlyscentedsoycandles.com and http://www.gourmetsoycandlefundraiser.com which helps groups and organizations to raise money for special causes.
Stress Relief – Funny stress relief song that you can sing to your self next time you get Stressed at work or school. North America www.dropship4kids.com & UK http for a brighter wealthier future.
- Extra Durable And High Quality Product
- A Massage For The Hand And Mind
- Double Lined With Natural Latex
- Has A Unique Irresistible Feel
- Filled With Micro Beads
Gayla Isoflex Stress Ball For Stress ReliefGayla Isoflex Stress Ball has a unique soothing irresistible feel because it is filled with Micro Beads. Only Gayla Isoflex Stress Ball is triple lined for extra durability. Gayla Isoflex Stress Ball provide
List Price: $ 2.39
Price: $ 2.39
Stress Relief Today: Causes, Effects, and Management Techniques That Can Improve Your Life! (The silent killer, how to reduce stress to add years to your life and life to your years!)
Stress is frequently referred to as “the silent killer”. In fact, it is currently regarded as the number one killer in our society today. It has been associated with the top six causes of death: cancer, cardiovascular disease, lung disorders, cirrhos
- Cotton covered sponge rubber mat with 234 pieces of patented blunt spikes
- A total of 6,318 nails provide the ultimate stimulation of your skin and acupressure points
- Stimulates and invigorates your back, legs, feet, neck and body
- Perfect for stimulating blood circulation and relaxation
- 100% cotton fabric is color fast, hand washable and certified free of chemicals, metals, toxins and residues
Acupressure, an ancient healing art, uses pressure to press key points on the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s natural self-curative abilities. When these points are pressed, they help relax muscular tension and promote the circulation of
List Price: $ 59.99
Price: $ 28.95