Get Adobe Flash player

I Am Confused as to What My Title Will Be?

Question by rhapsody19: I am confused as to what my title will be?
So, I am taking classes to get my master’s degree in counseling. Originally, I got my undergrad in psych because I wanted to be a psychologist. I wanted to help people and be a therapist, in a nut shell. The people at my program said that if I want to “practice” that I should become a certified counselor. So, now that is the track that I am on. They also have a master’s program in psychology. What is the difference in that then what I am doing? That is all well and good but they are always talking about how psychology is such a different field from counseling. Will I get to be called a psychologist only after I get my doctorate degree? I know this is petty, but I dont like the sound of being called a counselor.

Best answer:

Answer by smallbizperson
Quick, go speak to your academic adviser or the head of your department, you may have taken a detour. Too, you need to understand the difference in all these terms, the educational requirements for each and your expected potential for employment after graduation from the program you ultimately select.

What do you think? Answer below!


He'll teach in New York, lecture around the world, and publish more books to

Filed under: counseling psychotherapist

Trained in Body Electric erotic massage, Bauer also teaches erotic spirituality through workshops such as “Prayerbook of the Body” and (along with New York psychotherapist Michael Cohen) “Celebrating the Body Judaic.” It's all part of his mission to …
Read more on Tablet Magazine