Get Adobe Flash player

Family Help?

Question by Danyelle: Family Help?
Ok guys, I need some serious advice.

My dad is an alcoholic, and never does anything but drink. He does not even have a job. My mom on the other hand, makes 40,000+ a year and doesnt drink or anything. He is never physically abusive, but mentally. He is mean when he drinks, and it is everyday. He is at the bar 6 or 7 days a week, then he drives home. My mom wont let me move out, and although I understand they have been married for 17 years with two children, do you think it would be best for her to call it quits? I have asked her to take me to counseling, but she doesnt have the money right now. He has been to AA meetings but the drinking wont stop.. I need some advice please!

Thanks in advance..

Best answer:

Answer by answergirl
I am sorry you are in this situation as you sound very thoughtful, caring and mature. I would encourage you to go to Al-Anon meetings. They are free, and although you won’t get “counseling” it is a chance to talk freely about what is going on at your house with people who have “been there, done that!” or who are in that situation themselves. It is a good place to start, at any rate. I wish you the best.

Add your own answer in the comments!


Emily Ball locked up after violating probation

Filed under: alcoholic counseling

COVINGTON — A teenage girl given probation for luring a boy to his death five years ago when Kentucky social workers left her home alone has been locked up again. Emily Ball, who is now 19, has been at the Fayette County Detention Center since Jan.


NCR assesses Vatican abuse report

Filed under: alcoholic counseling

Priests were sent to counseling and therapy. Incompetent psychologists assured bishops they could fix the priests. … They tried to imitate the successful model of dealing with alcoholic priests. Many priests, in fact, stopped abusing, but no one …
Read more on Independent Catholic News


Estate Planning: Beneficiaries with addictions

Filed under: alcoholic counseling

Should a beneficiary with an addiction to drugs, alcohol and/or gambling receive an outright inheritance? In most cases the … Depending on the terms of the trust, the trustee might be allowed to use the assets in the following ways: (1) To help …
Read more on Lake County News