Get Adobe Flash player

Can Ex-Cons Receive Financial Aid?

Question by TaTa: Can Ex-Cons receive financial aid?

Best answer:

Answer by Suddenly Human
Yes. You can be an axe murder, rapist and anything else, but if you have been convicted of a drug offense while attending college and receiving financial aid you will have to complete an “acceptable drug rehab program” before you can get federal or state financial aid.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Drug and alcohol treatment can bring workers back to the job

Filed under: drug rehab programs

“A typical program involves detoxification, for the physical symptoms, primary treatment, for the psychological aspects, and then after-care,” said Dr. Ray Baker, associate clinical professor at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine …
Read more on Journal of Commerce


New Jersey's heroin crisis: State report calls for major reforms

Filed under: drug rehab programs

Of the 8,300 New Jersey residents admitted to drug treatment programs for opiate addiction in 2012, more than 40 percent were younger than 25, the report said. "If you're going to address the heroin problem, you've got to drill down on the pill problem …
Read more on The Star-Ledger